Course Learning Outcomes
After successfully completing this course, you will be able to:
1. Identify and analyze the ways in which different kinds of bodies are made, controlled, consumed, and portrayed in local, regional, and global contexts.
2. Generate your own thoughts and arguments about issues around contemporary body politics, articulating these ideas both verbally and in writing.
3. Connect your own embodied experience with global issues, gaining greater self-understanding of how your own embodiment is shaped by broader cultural processes and structures of power.
4. Articulate and appreciate how forms of embodied experience differ cross-culturally. Understand the ways in which your own situated experience both connects with and diverges from the embodied experiences of others in different parts of the world.
5. Collaborate with peers to create multimedia exhibitions and communicate ideas both on- and off-line.
|Activity||Number of Hours|
|Group project planning||20|
|Assessment: Blog portfolio||14|
|Assessment: Visual exhibition||14|
Assesment: 100% coursework
|Lecture and tutorial participation||20%|
|Body practices blogging project||40%|
|Visual exhibition project||40%|